Youth Group is about growing deeper in our faith, participating in mission projects, making friends, and having fun. Here’s our line up of Youth Group activities coming soon:
Youth Group in-person meetings in April are postponed but we will be launching Zoom Youth Group get togethers beginning the first weekend of the month. Events we were able to experience together in March included:
• The 5th Annual Church Rummage Sale: Youth worked at the Sale on Saturday, March 7th, and helped pack up all of the items in Fellowship Hall and Boutique clothes after the Sale. Youth and church adults also contributed items for the Bake Sale, which raised $521 for the Mission Trip.
• Our 3rd Annual Tea Time! Youth helped host the “Sons and Daughters of the King Royal Tea” on Saturday, March 14th. Changes were made to the Tea Time as a result of the COVID-19 virus, but we were able to still have a fabulous time and raise $422 for the Mission Trip.
Youth Group Sundays
• Sunday, March 1st: The Youth Group met from 12-1:15 p.m. to help with set-up for the Rummage Sale and then led “Church On The Road” worship services at Royal Oaks (1:45 p.m.) and Crescent Wood (2:30 p.m.) Assisted Living with Pastor Jody and Mike.
• Sunday, March 8th: The Youth Group met from 12-2 p.m. In addition to helping clean up after the Rummage Sale, the Youth Group traveled downtown to St. Gabriel’s Episcopal Church and walked the outside Prayer Labyrinth two times.
• After hosting the 3rd Annual Tea Time on Saturday, March 14th, 9 youth plus adult chaperones trekked over to Playalinda Beach for an afternoon of swimming, wave jumping, and fun in the Sun together.
• Sunday, March 15th: Youth and adults going on the Mission Trip braved the Dunk Tank and were able to raise $250 for the trip. A special THANK YOU to M.E. Kelly for providing the idea and Dunk Tank for this once in a lifetime event.